Encouraging Your Child’s Reading for Pleasure
Reading Cloud available online
Our school is strongly committed to improving literacy and knows the importance of reading for pleasure. There is good evidence to suggest that young people who read for pleasure daily perform better in reading tests. We want to encourage children to enjoy reading and to read a wide range of good quality literature.
I am delighted to inform you that the school has made a significant investment in our library with the introduction of a new online Reading Cloud. The new system has loads of great features, including allowing pupils and parents to:
- view our school library catalogue online
- write reviews about books they have read
- blog about what they are reading and their favourite authors
- search for new books and other library resources
- chat about books etc. with their friends in a safe environment
- access the ‘Home Library’ function to catalogue books they have at home which can then be shared with friends
- use a fantastic new feature called ‘Who Next’ which recommends new books and authors based on the books that your child has already read
You can access the system via the following link: www.readingcloud.net
If you have access to an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android phone, then you can also download a new App called ‘iMLS’ to access the library from those devices. The app is available from the App Store and Android Market.
Having the library accessible in this way and having parents engaged with reading, will help to support our commitment to improving literacy standards.
If you would like details of your child’s username and password so that you can use the new app to also track their reading history and borrowing patterns, please contact the school office. We hope you find the new facility useful!