I am sure you will all have heard the good news that school will be open for all children from September. We are currently busy putting all government guidelines into place so that school will be a safe place for children, staff and parents.
With this in mind we will be having staggered start and finish times so that we do not have too many people in the school grounds at once. The times and places are as follows:
For the first few days staff will be outside school to help guide you to the right place if you are unsure of where to go. We ask that you wait on the marked places and keep to the one-way systems in place to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Please do not arrive till 5 minutes before your child’s start time to avoid congestion and only one parent will be allowed onto the school grounds with their child. We understand that some of you will have children with different start and finish times and places but unfortunately we will not be able to change the times and we hope you will work with us on implementing a safe system for all.
Nursery and Reception classes will be having a phased start during the first week and you will already have received packs with the times and information.
In school we will be taking the following measures to ensure safety:
- There will be year group bubbles so children can mix with the other class in their year group bubble but with no other classes.
- Children need to wash their hands every time they enter the classroom from outside and before lunch.
- There will be no big group events including assemblies.
- Y1-6 classrooms will have forward facing desks with 2 children at each desk
- Y1-6 will have their own tray with equipment and books.
- If children are taken out of the classroom for small group work they will be in an area that is only used by the children in their bubble.
- P.E. equipment and other shared equipment e.g. science or art will be wiped immediately after a class has finished with it.
- Toilets will be cleaned frequently during the day.
- There can be no parents in school unless invited in for exceptional circumstances. If you need to talk to a member of staff, please phone school and a telephone appointment can be made.
- Children will not be allowed home for lunch and need to have a school dinner or bring a packed lunch.
- Children need to wear school uniform and attendance is compulsory.
- On PE day, children need to wear their PE kit to school.
- All children will need to bring in their own water bottle.
- After school clubs will operate in year groups for Y2-6 (more information will follow on this).
In September, there will be a big emphasis on children catching up with their missed education. Attendance will be compulsory and we need children to be punctual so that there is no missed learning time. If your child cannot attend school due to illness, please be very clear when informing school of their symptoms so that we can be made aware of any potential coronavirus cases. We will be prioritising the teaching of reading, writing and maths and ask that you listen to your child read at home to help support this. Books will once again be allowed to be sent between home and school.
We also acknowledge the importance of less academic subjects to help with children’s well-being and self-esteem so subjects such as art, music and P.E. will be taught. Children will need to come to school wearing their PE kits on their PE day so that we will not need to use the changing rooms. Their class teacher will let them know what day this will be.
School will feel a little different from how it was pre-lockdown but please rest assured that your child’s safety and well-being is our utmost priority. We cannot wait to see all the children back in September to restart their learning journey.
We hope you have a lovely summer and share our excitement for a great new term.
Miss J Beetham and the Lawefield staff
Welcome to our website
Lawefield is a friendly, welcoming school where children feel safe to learn, grow and succeed.
We had our Ofsted inspection in March 2019. Please click on the link below to read the full report.
2019 Ofsted Report
Latest Calendar Events
There are currently no events.