2015/2016 P.E. & Sports Premium
In the academic year 2015/16 Lawefield Primary school used the money to:
- subsidise a trip for Years 3 & 4 to watch a Wakefield Wildcats home game where they got to meet the team;
- provide after-school clubs free of charge to the children, such as tag rugby, benchball, rounders, football, cricket and fitness;
- provide Street Dance lessons to Year 5;
- employ Mr Lawrie Pearson for one day a week to work with all classes in P.E. lessons over the course of the academic year. Mr Pearson works with all teaching staff across the school to develop their teaching ability and provide high quality P.E lessons to children; and
- utilise ACES organises and leads the inter-school sports activities within our pyramid.
- Owing to the subsidised cost, more children were able to attend the residential visit to Robinwood and experience a variety of outdoor adventurous activities which built confidence, team building and independence skills.
- Through implementing new planning/resources and utilising the skills of Lawrie Pearson, the teachers feel more confident in teaching a range of skills across the P.E. curriculum and therefore children are accessing high quality P.E. lessons.
- Utilising ACES has allowed the children to be involved in a range of competitive sports therefore developing their competitive and sporting skills as well as boosting their self confidence and resilience to competitive challenges.
- The after-school clubs develops sporting skills, self-confidence, team building, social skills and positive behaviour for all children who attend.