Year 5 page
Hello Year 5,
We hope you are safe and well! Please see below some further activities that you can complete.
VE (Victory in Europe) Day
Watch these special news reports to find out about VE day, then write an explanation about it. What does it stand for? Why do we celebrate it?
Check out the BBC Bitesize website everyday from Monday 20th April to find some exciting lessons and activities you can take part in.
See this website for daily Lessons (You can also select previous year groups and dates)
Times tables games: https://www.timestables.co.uk/
Explore some English games on this site! >>>https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
Try some coding games here! >>>https://code.org/learn
Mr Myers and Mrs Walshaw
Year 5 Home Learning
(Monday 20th April – Friday 24th April)
Hello Year 5, we hope you are doing well. Below is some work that you can complete alongside, or instead of the printed work packs. Remember to keep busy and keep persevering.
- Click on this link and complete one lesson each day. The focus is on ‘decimals. You can use the video to recap what to do. You can write your answers down on paper then check them after. If you have made a mistake, then make some of your own to practise until you get it right.
- Continue to practice your times tables using ttrockstars!
- Check your Purple Mash for any Maths 2Dos.
- Click on this link and complete Year 5 Myths reading comprehension, Romulus and Remus.
- Log into classroom secrets and select Year 5 tab, select GPS or click on this link and complete:
- Year 5 Autumn term revision
- Year 5 synonym matching activity 1
- Year 5 antonym matching activity 1
- Year 5 past or present
- Click here for a spelling game on the site
- You have been set a 2do in Purple Mash called ‘Ancient Greek clothing’. Use the internet to research and complete. Please try to complete this over the next two weeks.
- You have been set a 2do in Purple Mash called ‘Everyday materials’. The instructions on what to do are in the activity. Don’t forget to look at the ‘Think about’ questions in the top left to help you write your descriptions for the four materials you choose. Please try to complete over the next two weeks.
NATIONAL LITERACY TRUST
As a response to school closures, National Literacy Trust have developed a comprehensive web portal for parents, to support you during this time. Over the next days, weeks and months they will be updating this as often as they can with new and useful content for parents.
Split up by age group below, you will find ideas and guidance for simple activities that will engage your children at home, while also benefiting their reading, writing and language development.
You'll be able to access free reading and writing resources, audiobooks, videos, competitions and reading challenges. Every resource is available for free, although to access some you may need to create a free account.
Hello Year 5!
We hope you are all well and are living each day with a healthy mix of work, rest and play.
It’s really important that you do the work that has been sent home, so that you don’t forget any of the wonderful knowledge and skills you have worked hard to build up throughout your time in Year 5 so far this year.
By now, you should be running out of work. The starter pack that was sent home last week contained just enough work to last for this week only, so here is your second pack. If you do some work every day, it should last all of next week, from Monday, 30th March to Friday, 3rd April.
Included in the pack is –
Hopefully, you will enjoy completing the work – ask an adult for help if you need to, work with an adult if you like, but try to do as much as you can independently.
Remember to keep up high standards of presentation: write the long date (short date for maths), a WALT or title where appropriate, and continue to produce your neatest work, as if you were at school, and use lined paper, if possible. If you have one, keep all your work in a folder for safe-keeping.
Finally, keep reading at home and learning those times tables.
Please know that we are missing you all, and can’t wait until we are all back together in class again.
Stay healthy and happy,
Mr Myers and Mrs Walshaw
Joe Wicks ("The Body Coach") will be posting a PE video on YouTube - Monday to Friday at 9am.
Please click the link below to view the child and family workouts, starting from Monday.