2014/2015 P.E. & Sports Premium
In the academic year 2014/15 Lawefield Primary school used the money to:
- Jointly appoint within our pyramid of schools a School Sports Co-ordinator, Lawrie Pearson who worked in our school with staff to develop their teaching ability and provide high quality P.E lessons to children. He also organised and lead the inter-school sports activities in our pyramid;
- provide after-school clubs free of charge to the children, such as tag rugby, benchball, rounders, football, cricket and fitness;
- take both Years 5 and 6 to Sun Lane Pool for swimming lessons each week as opposed to 1 year group, which was the traditional model at our school. Although this is a more expensive option, it means that children have more opportunity to develop their swimming than was the case in the past;
- provide a weekly Ladies’ Fitness Club on Friday mornings; and
- subsidise a 3 day residential visit to Robinwood for Years 5 and 6.
- Owing to the subsidised cost, more children were able to attend the residential visit to Robinwood and experience a variety of outdoor adventurous activities which built confidence, team building and independence skills.
- Through implementing new planning/resources and utilising the skills of Lawrie Pearson, the teachers feel more confident in teaching a range of skills across the P.E. curriculum and therefore children are accessing high quality P.E. lessons.
- Utilising ACES has allowed the children to be involved in a range of competitive sports therefore developing their competitive and sporting skills as well as boosting their self confidence and resilience to competitive challenges.
- The after-school clubs develops sporting skills, self-confidence, team building, social skills and positive behaviour for all children who attend.