Meet our School Councillors
School Councillors Responsibilities
- To be an exemplar of excellence for Lawefield Primary School.
- To attend meetings and be on time. If we can’t attend then we will send apologies in advance.
- To work together as a team, ensuring co-operation and communication.
- To carry out our role with maturity and to support one another.
- To discuss any ideas / issues from the school council meetings with our class, ensuring we note down information.
- To inform the school council, in meetings, of our class’s views and opinions.
- To organise and lead meetings with other adults, e.g. Governors, as well as assemblies to inform the adults / school of our actions and achievements.
- To develop our leadership skills.
Aims of our School Council
- Always be in the role of school councillor, following the code of conduct and responsibilities.
- Make our school a better place – children feel happy, safe and confident, enjoying their learning and progressing.
- Help each other to work together (in school council and in school) and look out for one another.
- Organise and lead whole school events.
- Discuss ideas and issues with our class, seeking and listening to their opinions and thoughts – valuing them all.
- Share our work as a school council with others – class council time, display, assemblies, invite children / staff / governors to meetings.
Photos of Events